1. X”s at the end of a correspondence letter represent the contact of the lips during a kiss.
2. Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as lips.
3. The science of kissing is called philematology.
4. About 2/3 of all people tip their head to the right when the kiss. Scientists suggest this preference starts in the womb.
5. It is possible for a woman to reach an orgasm through kissing.
6. Kissing at the conclusion of a wedding ceremony can be traced to ancient Roman tradition where a kiss was used to sign contract.
7. The slang phrase “Kiss my ass” dates to 1705.
8. French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face. A pucker kiss involves only two.
9. Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off.